Our firm, aware that the preservation of its Clients’ ideas and Intellectual Property rights is of crucial importance, assists them, both as counsel and in litigation, in resolving the legal issues related to the protection of their intangible assets, issues that are becoming increasingly complex, driven by the rapid progress of information and communication technologies.
Protection of Trademarks, Trade Names, Patents, Designs :
Assistance for the registration of trademarks, patents, designs and models:
- Prior art searches;
- Determination of the filing strategies best suited to the Client’s needs and business model;
- Filing registration files with the Moroccan Office of Industrial and Commercial Property and internationally.
Protection of Personal Data:
- Audit of personal data processing and protection policies and assistance in complying with the provisions of Law N°09-08 (information, access, rectification, opposition, restriction of automated profiling used as a basis for a decision, etc.);
- Assistance to transfers of personal data outside Morocco and their compliance with the RGPD and complementary national regulations;
- Advising and supporting Data Controller/Data Protection Officers (DPO) in their functions;
- Assistance with the formalities to be completed with the regulatory authorities (CNDP/CNIL).
Computer Law, Electronic Commerce and New Technologies:
Consultations, negotiation and drafting of computer contracts:
- Contrats d’outsourcing informatique. – Contracts related to software development;
- Software licensing agreements;
- Systems development and integration contracts;
- Maintenance contracts;
- IT outsourcing contracts.
- Assistance in setting up and operating e-commerce web sites:
- General Terms and Conditions of Sale – Auditing the compliance of the ordering process with consumer law;
- Drafting of Legal Notices, General Terms and Conditions of Sale, and General Terms and Conditions of Use (CGV-CGU);
Securing e-marketing operations.
Assistance in pre-litigation and litigation matters:
- Actions in unfair competition;
- Infringement litigation (Software – Databases – Trademarks – Works of the Mind);
- Drafting and filing of complaints in matters of computer piracy, online harassment, illegal content.